Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Cheese

I opened a can of chicken tonight and Bullwinkle started yelling at me. He was very excited about how it smelled, so I poured some of the juice into a dish and encouraged him to try it. But he knew that his tongue wouldn't work -- so he didn't even try. A little later, I opened a bag of shredded cheese and let him sniff it (this was all in the process of trying to prepare some food for myself). He seemed really interested so I pulled out a sticky little clump of cheese and put it on the stool next to him -- and he picked it up with his teeth and ate it!!!! It turned out not to be a very good experience, 'cause I think it got really sticky in his mouth and he wasn't able to use his tongue to unstick it (he was even trying to use his paws to get everything unstuck) -- but it was so cool that he tried to eat something. I guess next time I'll have to give him the actual bits of chicken -- it does seem he can use his teeth fairly well. (Probably just a clever ploy on his part to get me to finally give him the human food which he feels he's deserved all along.)

Otherwise, Bullwinkle seems fairly stable right now -- he doesn't feel great, but he doesn't seem to feel awful either. And we've had some lovely cuddlefests the last few days. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment