Thursday, March 4, 2010

Reprieve!

Dr. Blackshear came and spent quite a bit of time with Bullwinkle & me this afternoon. The short form of the story is that, while she said it wouldn't be premature to put him down today, she also said that if it were her cat, she wouldn't do it yet. Plus she said she has known -- it's been real clear -- when it was time to put down her own pets. Since it was certainly clear to me when it was time to put Jezebel down, I'm going to try to trust myself and wait for that time with Bullwinkle too. Not to mention that Dr. Blackshear doesn't seem to think he's suffering terribly at this point (and he does seem quieter and more peaceful than he has since before the last chemo treatment).

So that's the story in a nutshell; I cried all day long and am exhausted. But I do feel privileged and relieved to be able to spend more time with my baby kitty-boy.

Bullwinkle snoozing on my shoulder this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment