Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Wheel of Fortune

Snoozing on the sofa in healthier times.

Around and around it goes. Bullwinkle felt great yesterday. This morning he felt awful and I started wondering if I should call Dr. Blackshear. Tonight he stalked and pounced on a black thing on the wall (his own fur, but he thought maybe at some time it might move). Oh, and did I mention he totally unwrapped the bandage keeping his feeding tube in place -- about 15 minutes after I changed it? Yet he's super skinny and is having trouble jumping; he has to make many more intermediate jumps to get to places that used to be a single jump for him.

He's sitting on my shoulder as I write. He's spent a lot of time on my shoulder today -- not to mention throughout his life. Sometimes he perches on my shoulder so long that my back begins to ache. But I will really miss that warm fur-body on my shoulder when he's gone. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment